CBCS is very happy and excited to announce that we will be attending the Dallas Fantasy Fair in November! Steve Borock and the CBCS crew will be set up to take in submissions and witness creator signatures for grading and encapsulation. Steve will be on hand to help buyers and sellers decide if their treasured comic books are good candidates for certification. Steve will also be willing to give books a quick restoration check as well.
“It’s fantastic to have the DFF back!” stated Steve Borock “J. David Spurlock knows exactly what is needed to make a great comic convention and CBCS and I are very excited to be a part of this. Now that we are located in Dallas, it makes perfect sense to be a big part of this show. We are also looking forward to meeting many of our new collecting neighbors!”
For those who do not know, the Dallas Fantasy Fair comics & pop-culture convention has a long, glorious history as one of the most successful comic conventions in the Southern United States.
Some of the “Who’s Who” list of talents appearing in past DFF shows include Jack Kirby, Ray Harryhausen, Will Eisner, Stan Lee, Harvey Kurtzman, Joe Kubert, Bill Sienkiewicz, Neil Gaiman, Alex Ross, Frank Miller, Adam West and Julius Schwartz just to name a few.
The late DFF founder, Larry Lankford‘s life-long friend, acclaimed pop-culture author-historian and creator rights advocate J. David Spurlock returns home to Dallas after 20 years in New York, to revive the DFF this Nov 24-25, 2018 at the 275,000 square foot Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. And he’s bringing the party with him via some of his famous creative friends including:
- Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Indiana Jones co-creator Jim Steranko,
- Dr Strange and Howard The Duck talent Frank Brunner,
- Lobo and Heavy Metal talent Simon Bisley,
- Emmy Award-recognized Ren & Stimpy director-writer-artist Bob Camp,
- X-Men’s Rogue and Bucky O’Hare co-creator Michael Golden,
- Author and recording artist Josh Alan Friedman,
- Sin City actor Billy Blair
- Legendary Jack “King” Kirby colaborator Mike Royer and
- Spike TV Scream Award-winning Marvel Zombies artist Arthur Suydam.
- The first name in comic book certification: CBCS president & primary grader Steve Borock.
Get tickets now for the new, Dallas Fantasy Fair™ by clicking HERE: